Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Stuff!

Hi friends,
I am currently working on a series of book cover illustrations for my professional practice class. So far I have roughly sketched them in Adobe Photoshop and I will start to refine the illustrations and polish them up. I am starting to really stress now about my portfolio because I'm now half way through the quarter and still have a very long list of illustrations that still need fixing and refining. I haven't even started designing my self promotion packs yet. It's crazy! 

The past few nights I've been really struggling with settling on an idea for the book title 'The Lanky Prankster.' Originally, I was working on doing a small figure with a really long cast shadow, but last night I went to bed with my brain switched on, flashing bazaar images one after the other. I couldn't turn my brain off! I even woke up this morning at 7 am sharp still thinking about The Lanky Prankster and came up with this creepy character who seems to fit the bill, dont you think?

On the left: 'The Lanky Prankster', On Right: 'The Broken Mask'

1 comment:

Nick Arnold said...

First of, The Broken Mask looks absolutely awesome! Its interesting, dramatic, and very well executed in my opinion. Maybe some other colors and refining the background is needed, that is more up to you, but looking fantastic.

You have to keep them all similar in style right? Well right now the two on the bottom look the most consistent, being a face and at an odd angle, while the top image... and I think your other cover(Eye in the Sky) might not match as well. Certainly though you can help them match simply by adding in some graphic design elements, so you have a lot of room to play there. If you haven't yet, you will definitely want to start playing around with the layout now that you have some really strong illustrations.

On all the other stuff, as I said, DON'T STRESS OUT! :) We're here for you if you need us, to help on these, the self promotion stuff, or where ever you might need an extra pair of hands. Just give us the word.