Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wrapping Up 2011

Hi,
So I noticed it's been quite a long time since my last post. Sorry about that! What can I say, life gets pretty busy sometimes, right?  So lets fill you in on the highlights!

I worked as a graphic design intern last fall for a sports marketing company that kept me super busy until Christmas time but I loved every bit of it, from the awesome grey cubicle they set me up in to the Friday morning Dunkin' Donuts coffee and bagels. Oh, and the best thing was getting to design printed advertizing and marketing materials that would be seen across the country. It was such great exposure and I had a blast working with the sales team. I think the best part would have to be when they offered me a full time position!

I also did a bit of traveling during the Christmas break. My brother Shaun, visited from Australia in December and wanted to visit NY so we spent 4 wonderful, but very chilly days in the Big Apple. I loved the MET Museum! It took us an entire day to tour all the exhibits but I when we finally entered a room with paintings by Monet, Van Gogh, Edward Hopper and J. M. W. Turner, I was on cloud nine! Shaun didn't really share my excitement but at least he was patient enough to let me linger.

Me in my element, trying to play it cool.
My brother almost falling asleep.

We loved walking across the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset and seeing the city at night from the top of the Empire State Building. We did so much and there was tones more we didn't get to see, but I'm sure there will be a NY Trip 2.0 in the future.

I have to get to my next meeting, so that's all for now.

I'll be back though, promise;)

-Kelly


No comments: