Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cooked this up in my sleep...literally


Hi there,
Just working on some homework for my mythologies class and thought I'd quickly  post my idea for my painting class. I only have one more assignment to do and it is a series of two painting that must emulate an impressionist style and/or artist. I stressed big time over this assignment and was really torn up over ideas but I finally have it.  Here is my idea for the first painting with sketch (above):

I decided to go with  the artist, Jack Vettriano and the  "film noir" theme and since the canvas is large I want to try use a pallet knife to cover large areas and layer the paint. The first sketch is of a woman taking off her sandals in front of the fire place. There is a mirror above the mantel where the silhouette of a man standing in the doorway can be seen. 
 
I will definitely keep you updated on the progress of this painting as I go.
but now I think its time for beddy-byes:o}

No comments: