Saturday, August 29, 2009

YIKES!















Okay, so it has been a while since my last post so I thought I should give an update on what's been happening in my life.  For one thing it definitely hasn't been boring.  My  brother flew in from Australia to spend the summer with us which was really great. We spent a week in NC and did a lot hiking and sight seeing. It was so beautiful and peaceful up there. I especially liked touring the Biltmore Estate. It is home to four or five John Singer Sargent paintings  and  two Renoir paintings. I was in my element! I took some pictures of the architecture, sculpture and "pond" which looked more like a gigantic lake to me but I suppose if you live in a bloody mansion then everything else is dwarfed.

Not much else happened over the summer and before I knew it I was back at school and weighed down with assignments. The four subjects I am currently taking are: Editorial Illustration, Mythologies: Tolkien & Myth, Advanced Digital Illustration and Advanced Painting. I think I have produced some strong pieces from my Editorial and painting class and hopefully some of them will make it to portfolio. 

I'll keep you updated on my next painting assignment. It's going to be huge! Very nervous indeed...

No comments: